This post may contain affiliate links. For more info click here.
One of the first projects I tackled after we moved in was I painted our driveway lanterns. The neighbourhood where we live is called Crossing Bridge. Every house has these brick, not even sure what to call them, bridge walls at the end of the driveway. I guess it is supposed to look like you are driving over a bridge into the driveway. They do add a lot of character to the front of the house. To be honest I didn’t like them at first because they narrowed the driveway substantially. But I’ve since grown to really like them. I haven’t backed into one…..yet!
The existing lanterns were in very sad shape. They were a weird rusty tan colour and the glass was very dirty. Every single bulb was burnt out as well. I also had to evict quite a few spiders that were living in them. I figured the easiest fix would be to give them a quick spray paint with a nice black to match the front door and the lamps beside the garage doors.
As you can see they were a total mess. I took them all apart and washed all the pieces. Then I got out the spray paint and went to town. Unfortunately I forgot to take some pictures of the process. But you can see the finished product…..sort of. I forgot to get good picture of them before our tree fell on one of them! (You can read all about the tree story here.) Thankfully I did mange to find a few pictures that the lanterns were in before one of them got broken.
So they turned out great and it was pretty easy fix. We got to enjoy them for a few months until the tree mishap!
Oopsie ! You can read all about what happened here! As a result we now have beautiful NEW lanterns courtesy of the city.
Have a great day! Thanks for stopping by!
Shop related products and support my blog!